1. Received some thank you emails from a couple of places we recently donated to:
I want to thank you for the beautiful scarf sets I picked up Friday. We are wrapping them up next week and it will bless so many families!
Director of Volunteer Services
Siloam Family Health Center
820 Gale Lane
Nashville, TN 37204
Phone: (615) 298-5406 x112
Fax: (615) 577- 4010
Dropped off with Peggy at Cedarcroft today and she was SO appreciative. "Our guys just love them" was what she said of all the handmade finery.
2. If you are working on items for Be A Santa to a Senior, please drop them by Knowles or a Local Yarn Shop by Wednesday, Dec 1. Knowles is open M-F from 8-5.
3. Earlier this week I found gloves at Walmart priced 2/$1.40.
4. Recent deliveries: 480 items!
- Salvation Army 190 pieces
- Cottage Cove 56 pieces
- LP Pencil Box 100 pieces
- The Next Door 69 Pieces
- Home Safe Sumner County 65 pieces **
**Need someone to deliver these
5. Last week I dropped off 650 dishcloths and towels to Hands On Nashville. For Christmas they are going to distribute them to local families who were affected by the May flood.
6. We still can use mens and boys hats! There will still be needs that come up as long as the weather stays cold! Also, see #7.
7. On Wednesday, December 8, FiftyForward Knowles will take part in Project Homeless Connect (http://www.thekeyalliance.org/phc) We will donate men's and women's hats at this event. Nearly 1000 individuals were helped last year (it was held at the Municipal Auditorium) about 2/3 men and 1/3 women (no children came last year). Additionally, there is a need for deodorant and antiseptic wash (showers are few and far between). If you would like to purchase one or both of these items, please have them at Knowles by Tuesday, Dec 7. Today in the newspaper I saw Suave deodorant on sale at Kroger for .88.
8. Scarves for Special Olympics. Tennessee needs 225 scarves, but they have to be a combination of two particular colors (Red Heart Super Saver 886-Blue, and Red Heart Super Saver 512-Turq). Dimension guidelines are 6 inches wide and 54-60 inches long. The only place that I have found both colors is Walmart. Joann's only has the turquoise and Michael's has neither -- have not checked Hobby Lobby. I have purchased some of this yarn and will be happy to share it with whoever is interested in helping with this project. Cost of the yarn will be $5 for the 2 skeins. Please let me know if you are interested -- if more yarn is needed I can always get more! I have pledged for Knit and Crochet TN to make 50 scarves. Deadline is Jan 21. http://www.scarvesforspecialolympics.org/states/view/42
9. Thank you for everything that you do! Knit and Crochet Tennessee will celebrate our 2nd birthday at the January 8 Big Stitch. Look what we have done in only two years!!!! As of today we have donated 8732 items to our community!