Saturday, October 3, 2009


A hat pattern written by one of the Happi-Hookers!








Here is the ball cap pattern that you saw at the July 17th Big Stitch. I made this with Bernat "Baby Jacquards" yarn (which is a light weight yarn; weight 3) and a G hook (size 6:4.25MM). I have since made a hat with a cotton yarn and an H hook. I did make some changes to the pattern...you know how I am =).

Here is the link to find the original pattern:

http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/cpatt14.htm

The original pattern has been moved, and brings me to this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060521003056/http://groups.msn.com/HappyHookeraCrochetersParadise/memberpatterns.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=13704&LastModified=4675481976218776363

*I’m not sure which of the above links you would need to use as I now have it bookmarked*

Here are the changes I made:

Beginning chain: I only chain 3, it makes the whole at the top smaller. Or you can use a "magic ring" if you know how.

Rows 1 thru 33: As is. **You can repeat row 33 for desired length if needed**

Row 34: I ended row 33 with 84 sts and had to increase the number of sts before and after the Back Loops Only. Changes: Sc in both loops of the next 24, sc in the Back Loops Only of the next 37 sc, sc in both loop of the last 23 sc, ch 1.

Row 35: As is.

Brim: the only thing I changed is: SC in the first sc of every row. Then skip 1sc and continue the pattern as is. Just don’t forget to add one sc in the very first sc of every row for both layers of the brim.

**When I got finished with my second hat I realized I did row 11 of the brims as "Repeat row 8" instead of repeating row 9. I never noticed a difference. So, you can put your own twist on this pattern and it still looks rockin!

Also, I didn’t use the plastic canvas. This part is entirely up to you.

As always, let us know if you have any questions and we will do our best to answer them. Keep on hookin! =) =)

Thanks ~ LiL HooKeR

No comments:

Post a Comment